Wednesday, June 3, 2009

3dCoat



So I've started playing with 3d coat.... pretty sweet. Hair in it is awesome. So the biggest challenges I've had with this particular sculpt is that at a certain point it becomes hard to smooth areas, and hard to control surfaces exactly how I want. I think the voxel volume gets way to thick at times causing everything to slow way down, so I need to figure out a way to control the thickness better. I think my gfx card also might be slowing me down quite a bit - no cuda.

Adding geo however is really simple, using either the snake object, primitives, or even the sphere voxel brush to add voxels to sculpt on. I think if you plan well (splitting up geo) you could easily get a full character done in here. I'm doing some more sculpts so keep an eye on the blog.

No comments: